Picturae headquarters is located in Heerhugowaard and is where many of the collections are digitized. Our skilled, in-house software development team designs solutions for the digital collection goals of our customers - such as website development, and collection management systems.
For more than 15 years we’ve worked with clientele from respected organizations all over the world . We have demonstrated the sustained, international growth necessary to have a strong social impact by making historical materials accessible and eternally preserved for our future generations. Our employees are innovative, engaged, respectful and driven. In working with us, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with incredibly committed and ambitious colleagues.
We currently have the following vacancies:
Account Manager Digitization
Apply at: email@example.com
Picturae Inc is seeking an ambitious and digitization-savvy commercial account manager with a passion for building relationships to join its growing East Coast-based team. This key commercial team member will initiate outreach efforts to natural history and GLAM collections and translate their digitization and IT needs into viable funding proposals and project workflows. This role will directly support Picturae’s ambition to be a one-stop shop for making collections accessible to the public and to researchers.
About Picturae Inc Picturae is an established digitization service provider that works with both public and private institutions to make cultural heritage and natural history collections digitally accessible for scientific research and public access. Picturae has more than two decades of experience digitizing cultural heritage collections and setting up onsite projects with locally hired and trained staff. The expertise gained by our international team through the performance of dozens of digitization projects includes best practices for digitizing photographs, bound volumes, slides, negatives, documents, mixed media, herbarium specimens, and a multitude of other collection types and formats. From beginning to end, we plan and manage our clients’ digitization initiatives including consulting, concept development, imaging, transcription, crowdsourcing, storage, hosting, digital asset management, and website development. Originally founded in 1997, Picturae’s success in the Netherlands led to an ongoing expansion of our clientele base into France, the UK, Switzerland, Denmark, Germany, Norway, Belgium, Canada, Australia, and the United States. In 2017, Picturae Inc opened a permanent digitization studio at Mana Contemporary in Jersey City to accommodate our growing North American business portfolio. We have provided our services to a number of prominent US institutions including MoMa, Yale University, The Frick Collection, Artstor, Harvard University, The National Gallery of Art, and multiple Smithsonian museums. For more information on our work, see our website www.picturae.com or follow @picturae_int on Instagram
Duties and Responsibilities
The Account Manager reports to the Digitization Director and is responsible for generating a consistent influx of new projects to enable strategic growth of Picturae Inc. The AM will work in close collaboration with the Project Manager and Technical Lead to translate client needs into sound digitization and software solutions. The AM will generate new leads in order to have a solid client base across the cultural heritage industry. The AM will report frequently on prospect status to fellow team members and corporate HQ and aims to secure a seat at the table in the early stages of project and budget planning for natural history and GLAM institutions. The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Fulfilling annual sales goals for US team:
- Secure new clients for world class rapid capture imaging and IT solutions for natural history collections.
- Secure new clients within the GLAM industry for imaging and unlocking reflective and transmissive collections.
- Encourage repeat clients.
- Work closely with the Operations Team to identify key focus areas for sales
- Build relationships with key potential clients, determine DMUs and long-term digitization, preservation, managing, enriching and unlocking goals for each.
- Increase brand exposure.
- Draft annual plan plus revenue projection based on sales pipeline.
- Maintain good working relationships with existing clients to enhance client retention and create new sales through referrals and references:
- Actively identify and generate prospects through strategic sales strategies focusing on customers in target markets.
- Day-to-day outreach efforts, including active lead generation and connecting with institutions via direct outreach, social media, and attending conferences.
- Building a customer portfolio
- Form bid team with various operational and technical representatives to formulate in-depth proposals and draft project budgets
- Market sounding:
- Define needs of collection representatives and match with Picturae’s state of the art, in-house built digitization and software solutions
- Analyzing and adapting Picturae business propositions for US market
- Define opportunities for branding, for example via social media and relevant conferences.
- Be aware of relevant professional networks (for example, but not limited to: NSF, SPNHC for natural history, CLIR, IS&T for GLAM) and identify possible paths for collaboration or shared engagements.
- Mapping competition.
- Track, analyze, and graphically visualize outreach progress via prevailing CRM-system for internal reporting.
- Generate quarterly and annual reports.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years minimum work experience in a direct sales role is required.
- Existing network in cultural heritage industry is preferred.
- Experience with cold and warm lead generation.
- Experience with contract management and negotiation.
- Experience in doing sales according to quantitative KPIs and reporting KPI progress.
- Ability to work in collaborative spirit with geographically dispersed teams and an EU-based corporate HQ.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in annual fundraising paths available to institutions, with a keen appreciation for the specific challenges of working with prospects who may lack a direct affiliation with Picturae Inc or its solutions.
- Ability to quickly navigate and understand technical aspects of digitization and software solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. 10. Sound reasoning, creativity, high levels of organization, and innovation in outreach efforts.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills and ability to relate to colleagues, collection enthusiasts as well as institutional leadership and collections managers.
- Ability and willingness to travel periodically and work occasional evenings and weekends.
Based in the NorthEast or MidWest region, willingness to travel, and work remotely. This is a full time position, starting as early as March 2021. Initial appointment will be for 12 months, with extension pending positive performance evaluations. Salary commensurate with education and experience. Remuneration will be partially based on achievement of KPIs. Please submit a cover letter, resume/CV, and contact information for three references when applying. Application review will begin February 8, 2021 and continue until the position is filled. To be considered, all applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org